Sunday, September 18, 2011

We are what we want

Here’s a question for you: what do you want?

Not for breakfast, not for your birthday, but from life.

What is your purpose? Do you have one? What do you want to be remembered for? Do you even care if you will be remembered at all?

Some people will answer these questions in a blink of an eye, while others have no clue.

Books tell us that we all need goals in life. The better we know them, the more we think of them, the higher chances are we will reach them and be happy.

I admit, not without discomfort, that I am not yet clear on what my purpose in life is, or what I want to do with my time here in this world.

I did though develop quite a good idea about what I don’t want.

I don’t want to build my happiness on the misery of others.

I don’t want to be self absorbed, superficial and hungry for attention all the time.

I don’t want to ever become blind to the truth.

Dare I say, so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment