Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life’s a bitch and then you die?

Everyone is miserable at work. We're all frowning, and snapping, and cursing. That gives me some relief. So it's not just me, I'm not crazy. And finally, I can stop faking engagement (not that anyone seemed to care about it anyway).

There is a lot going south with private companies. They ask too much of their staff, and give too little. They’re greedy. They have no trust in people, yet expect them to be open. They treat employees like children, while demanding creativity, initiative and commitment. Ha ha.

I met today a very nice person who talked to me about his plans of one day leaving his corporate job and becoming a freelancer. He dreams of doing what he loves, spending more time with his family and traveling. 'I know I’ll do great - I'm just scared to quit my job', he explained with a crooked smile on his face.

We all are. If we wouldn't be, corporate offices would be empty.

1 comment:

  1. I did it... I DID IT !!! I told you I will quit my job

    ReplyDelete